The six modules in the Waste Management series identify strategic measures for creating or enhancing a comprehensive waste management plan. This includes understanding waste streams, measuring current/baseline waste generation, completing a facility-wide waste assessment, identifying resources, ensuring compliance with regulations, adopting an integrated waste management program, tracking and monitoring the program, and training/educating employees. At the conclusion of this series and successful completion of the post-module tests you will receive a certificate of completion and will be able to:
• Describe the evolution of waste management and recycling.
• Describe the responsibilities involved with transporting and methods for tracking waste materials.
• Discuss commercial recycling facilities, including commonly recycled materials and environmentally unfriendly recyclable materials.
• Explain the process for planning and managing facility waste.
• Describe the collection, handling, and disposal of solid waste.